Settling In
It's finally been a nice and quiet weekend.
I feel like I'm finally getting settled into my new home. I've realized that I've grown very accustomed to life by myself and it's gotten some adjusting to realize that I'm actually living in LA and not visiting. It's a very new feeling that I need to make plans to meet up with people and not be as "spontaneous" as it was up north. Up in the Bay Area, roommates and poker buddies were usually around to grab a bite to eat or to joke around over a beer. It's not so "spontaneous" over here. People are just busier and making plans is less "spontaneous". Maybe it's living with my parents and still feeling the need to tell them where I am and by telling them where I am, I'm more mindful of staying out late or doing anything stupid. It's actually been a nice check on my lifestyle.
I did try this Moroccan place on Friday. Not sure how different it is from all the other countries around that region, but the hummus was damn good. I got some cous-cous that I never finished and some mulberry drink that smells like perfume. Pretty nice drink to get someone with a gaseous end. On another gastronomic endeavor, Busan Sushi was the place to savor. I freaggin love this place for all the extras that they give you. Besides the regular sushi, you get porridge, snails (that you have to pick with a toothpick), grilled garlic, abalone, octopus and some orange soft chewy flesh that I have no idea what animal it came from but wonder what could taste so damn good in my mouth. If you order the more expensive combo, you get oysters and sea urchins.
On another "spontaneous" note, I bought a new chair yesterday. You have to understand that us, Chong's aren't very keen on the idea that you should buy furniture every so often or every 10 years or so. I've had the same desk since I high school. I remember signing onto the familiar "teee-teeek-duh.. duh... teek-cuuuussshhhhh" aol dial-up on that desk, eating ramen late into the night as I studied for my AP exams and even cowering under it during the Northridge aftershocks. That desk and I have been through some shite. Don't even get me started on how long we've had our bed. But I finally bought a chair... I needed some motivation to man-up and get my learn on. Hopefully, dropping some cash on my posterior will prompt me to open a few books.
Not much of a crazy weekend, but pretty damn nice.
I feel like I'm finally getting settled into my new home. I've realized that I've grown very accustomed to life by myself and it's gotten some adjusting to realize that I'm actually living in LA and not visiting. It's a very new feeling that I need to make plans to meet up with people and not be as "spontaneous" as it was up north. Up in the Bay Area, roommates and poker buddies were usually around to grab a bite to eat or to joke around over a beer. It's not so "spontaneous" over here. People are just busier and making plans is less "spontaneous". Maybe it's living with my parents and still feeling the need to tell them where I am and by telling them where I am, I'm more mindful of staying out late or doing anything stupid. It's actually been a nice check on my lifestyle.
I did try this Moroccan place on Friday. Not sure how different it is from all the other countries around that region, but the hummus was damn good. I got some cous-cous that I never finished and some mulberry drink that smells like perfume. Pretty nice drink to get someone with a gaseous end. On another gastronomic endeavor, Busan Sushi was the place to savor. I freaggin love this place for all the extras that they give you. Besides the regular sushi, you get porridge, snails (that you have to pick with a toothpick), grilled garlic, abalone, octopus and some orange soft chewy flesh that I have no idea what animal it came from but wonder what could taste so damn good in my mouth. If you order the more expensive combo, you get oysters and sea urchins.
On another "spontaneous" note, I bought a new chair yesterday. You have to understand that us, Chong's aren't very keen on the idea that you should buy furniture every so often or every 10 years or so. I've had the same desk since I high school. I remember signing onto the familiar "teee-teeek-duh.. duh... teek-cuuuussshhhhh" aol dial-up on that desk, eating ramen late into the night as I studied for my AP exams and even cowering under it during the Northridge aftershocks. That desk and I have been through some shite. Don't even get me started on how long we've had our bed. But I finally bought a chair... I needed some motivation to man-up and get my learn on. Hopefully, dropping some cash on my posterior will prompt me to open a few books.
Not much of a crazy weekend, but pretty damn nice.

1 Comments:
let's eat at busan sushi during thanksgiving. Jomeus and GA and I will prolly be in town.
Post a Comment
<< Home