Monday, September 11, 2006

5 Years Later

It's been 5 years since the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center. I didn't realize it this morning until I checked a website. I'm surprised that google didn't have a special graphic to their classic homepage. It's depairing to realize how fast time has passed and what little has changed.

I remember hearing news of the attacks 5 years ago when I lived with Seduction. I had an alarm tuned to the radio to wake me up. I had an early class that morning and I remember hearing some commercial about California being on Defcon 3 or 4, something of the sort. I just hoped that the new movie did not star Nicholas Cage as an unnatural and unwilling action hero. But it soon hit me that the alert that I sluggishly overheard was in fact cold hard reality. Every channel seemed to show the same preview at the same time... this is one expensive marketing ploy. Then I saw the second plane crash into the other tower and all hell broke loose. I watched hours of coverage with Seattle, glued to the screen with any news why this happened.

Life is pretty damn short...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home