Casino Xmas
Silent night...
Holy night...
All is calm...
All is bright...
Then one dude wins the jackpot and that incessant bell and twirling lights awaken the living dead to circle around the winning slot machine.
That's right folks, your favorite Busan family spent Christmas in Las Vegas! Odd, I know. I wouldn't have thought it possible a few years back, but all the little ones are all grown up and independent. My parents wanted to go check it out and they thought it wouldn't be as crowded during this season. Well, considering they only take off Christmas and a few other holidays, I think they were right.
It's been awhile since we had a legit family trip. The last time I remember, I was decked out in Nikek sweats (the coolest outfit even in 90 degree weather), my sisters hair looked like a black tsunami and I had two dogs. So we went pretty all-out for the parentals with a suite in the Venetian and 'O' tickets. The suite was pretty nice and pretty easy, but 'O' tickets were sold out. But my dad mentioned his OG sunsoo status and two got 5 tickets 7 rows from the front. That's a sunsoo... I even have pictures of my dad in a robe eating room service. He looks likes a Godfather.
But besides the ancillary decorations, I'm really glad that we can sit in a 5-7 hour car ride and still get along in civility. Some of the greatest moments were in the car. My dad took an hour to get on the freeway. He's pretty insistent on taking his "special" routes, but we live in a household of three women so make any mistake, you'll hear about it. He soon got his driving privileges revoked and I ended up taking the steering wheel. My pop ended up in the back doing his best taliban impression with my sister's scarf. Like the good wife that she is, my mom soon followed with her best "mouth ajar" sleeping stance. Hell hath no fury like the Chong children. We all took pictures, woke them up and laughed and pointed until we ran out of tears.
The eldest daughter named after a bird loves to talk. I swear we couldn't get 5 minutes of silence. This I swear. We'd ask her if her throat was dry or sore... she'd say "yes, but it's okay. I don't mind at all. I get used to it because I always..." and she's off. It's something that she got from my father. That's something that my mom found out on the way back. She was sitting in the middle, in her usual stance, daughter on her left and husband on her right. One hour away from home, she wakes up and yells "AAAAHHHH!!! Gee opp-poo dah." (My ears hurt!!!). "My left ear hurts and my right ear hurts." Goddamn hilarious I tell you.
On a sidenote, Vegas is one crazy ass place. During my time there, I wanted to note all the things that I saw. But there were too many. The ones I can remember include; a green midget in O'sheas pouring liquor from the bottle to a bunch of hungry guys (think, chicks feeding), a splash guard in the urinal (the man who thought of this should win the Nobel prize), male cocktail waitress (actually, it was a woman), an 'O' version of mango, and of course the Bellagio water show.
Merry Christmas to all!!!
Holy night...
All is calm...
All is bright...
Then one dude wins the jackpot and that incessant bell and twirling lights awaken the living dead to circle around the winning slot machine.
That's right folks, your favorite Busan family spent Christmas in Las Vegas! Odd, I know. I wouldn't have thought it possible a few years back, but all the little ones are all grown up and independent. My parents wanted to go check it out and they thought it wouldn't be as crowded during this season. Well, considering they only take off Christmas and a few other holidays, I think they were right.
It's been awhile since we had a legit family trip. The last time I remember, I was decked out in Nikek sweats (the coolest outfit even in 90 degree weather), my sisters hair looked like a black tsunami and I had two dogs. So we went pretty all-out for the parentals with a suite in the Venetian and 'O' tickets. The suite was pretty nice and pretty easy, but 'O' tickets were sold out. But my dad mentioned his OG sunsoo status and two got 5 tickets 7 rows from the front. That's a sunsoo... I even have pictures of my dad in a robe eating room service. He looks likes a Godfather.
But besides the ancillary decorations, I'm really glad that we can sit in a 5-7 hour car ride and still get along in civility. Some of the greatest moments were in the car. My dad took an hour to get on the freeway. He's pretty insistent on taking his "special" routes, but we live in a household of three women so make any mistake, you'll hear about it. He soon got his driving privileges revoked and I ended up taking the steering wheel. My pop ended up in the back doing his best taliban impression with my sister's scarf. Like the good wife that she is, my mom soon followed with her best "mouth ajar" sleeping stance. Hell hath no fury like the Chong children. We all took pictures, woke them up and laughed and pointed until we ran out of tears.
The eldest daughter named after a bird loves to talk. I swear we couldn't get 5 minutes of silence. This I swear. We'd ask her if her throat was dry or sore... she'd say "yes, but it's okay. I don't mind at all. I get used to it because I always..." and she's off. It's something that she got from my father. That's something that my mom found out on the way back. She was sitting in the middle, in her usual stance, daughter on her left and husband on her right. One hour away from home, she wakes up and yells "AAAAHHHH!!! Gee opp-poo dah." (My ears hurt!!!). "My left ear hurts and my right ear hurts." Goddamn hilarious I tell you.
On a sidenote, Vegas is one crazy ass place. During my time there, I wanted to note all the things that I saw. But there were too many. The ones I can remember include; a green midget in O'sheas pouring liquor from the bottle to a bunch of hungry guys (think, chicks feeding), a splash guard in the urinal (the man who thought of this should win the Nobel prize), male cocktail waitress (actually, it was a woman), an 'O' version of mango, and of course the Bellagio water show.
Merry Christmas to all!!!

1 Comments:
Chongo from the Congo!!! I founnnnddd uuuuuuuuu!!!!!! Me man-boobs are fluttering with ecstacy!!!!
mellllyyy chrisumasu!! and happay new ear!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home