down-sizing...
I've been through two companies and three buy-outs, but I've never tasted the cold apathy of the corporate world until today.
A co-worker on my floor got "laid off" today. I guess he was performing "under expectations". While I can understand the company's decision to "let him go", I could not condone my co-workers behavior. One guy who was suppose to be his peer-supervisor was hiding in the actuarial office. Another co-worker forgot to tell me that the guy who got "down-sized" stopped by. Another was spreading the gossip. All three were laughing and making jokes about workplace violence, his job performance, and some other chit. What the F!!! The guy has a family and his wife is expecting... how can you laugh about it? Sure, the guy might not have been the employee of the week, but don't freaggin laugh at his situation. He wasn't the most well-liked guy, but his intentions were never wrong. He just talked too much and didn't know exactly what the was talking about. This is total BS!!! Pretend to be nice and then laugh at the guy. Drop you pretensious facade and corporate courtesy, cause it's paper thin and worth less than last week's TPS report. I can't believe I work with people like this.
Looks like more reading time for chongo, I'm not eating with these bastards...
A co-worker on my floor got "laid off" today. I guess he was performing "under expectations". While I can understand the company's decision to "let him go", I could not condone my co-workers behavior. One guy who was suppose to be his peer-supervisor was hiding in the actuarial office. Another co-worker forgot to tell me that the guy who got "down-sized" stopped by. Another was spreading the gossip. All three were laughing and making jokes about workplace violence, his job performance, and some other chit. What the F!!! The guy has a family and his wife is expecting... how can you laugh about it? Sure, the guy might not have been the employee of the week, but don't freaggin laugh at his situation. He wasn't the most well-liked guy, but his intentions were never wrong. He just talked too much and didn't know exactly what the was talking about. This is total BS!!! Pretend to be nice and then laugh at the guy. Drop you pretensious facade and corporate courtesy, cause it's paper thin and worth less than last week's TPS report. I can't believe I work with people like this.
Looks like more reading time for chongo, I'm not eating with these bastards...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home