Friday, January 27, 2006

Busan Stories (Bachelor Party)

What has happened to the world? I woke up this morning with an eerie gut whirling feeling.

I fell into the darkness and crawled up from the valley, guided by the growing light of hope and peace only to see how much the world has changed. Was I gone for that long?

On the surface, the appearances of things have not changed much. The trees are a bit taller, the leaves have changed color with the season and the earth is still. But something is awry. No sounds of life animate the air, the wind is dead and the grass is not quite green enough. It's hard to put my finger on exactly why the world looks so different, but I know that the world I lived in and enjoyed in the carefree attitude of my youth is no more. It is dead and has been replaced by a replica, almost perfect in appearance, but totally different in spirit.

I woke up this morning with an eerie gut whirling feeling.

Then it hits me... I'm to Kimchisocks' bachelor party tonight. Freakin Kimchisocks. Just the origin of his nickname speaks volumes. It's going to be about a dozen guys and the only guy who's missing is Ghetto and he's getting married sometime in the summer.

I woke up this morning with an eerie gut whirling feeling.

We're going to this
cabin. Albie and I spent yesterday grocery shopping at Costco and Albertsons. Two hours of driving around the city and pushing a cart and we ended up with beer, chips and guacamole. It's gonna be one hell of a sausage party.

I woke up this morning with an eerie gut whirling feeling.

The plan is to meet up at the cabin tonight, go boarding the day after, chill at the casinos and then drive back on Sunday. I've been invited to one bachelor party by a co-worker before this and all they wanted to do was hit up one strip club, drink, go to another strip club, drink and eventually black out. The closest we'll get to naked flesh is if we use the hot tub, but then I keep getting the image of Sunday service snack consisting of pressed buns and ball-park franks boiled in a metal pot in my head.

I woke up this morning with an eerie gut whirling feeling.


The count so far: two guys are engaged, two are ready to propose, and two have recently got into a relationship. The sausage party is quickly being replaced by the bachelor party.

I woke up this mornign with an eerie gut whirling feeling.

1 Comments:

Blogger reesie said...

hey, ur back up again? :D

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home