Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Oneness

How then do we know we're one? I'll work all day at my desk with the phone turned off, when suddenly it occurs to me to turn it on, and one minute later Karen calls. Or I'll watch her prepare supper in the kitchen and I'll know suddenly that right here, with her, is my home. Or we'll walk together and I'll take her hand, and all at once I'm not just aware of her, but I know she's a part of me. Or we'll talk or pray, and the words she says are the words I need to hear, the ones that fill in the blanks of my perplexity.

Oneness is the freedom to speak one's mind to the other about absolutely anything. Oneness is being as comfortable with silence as with speech. Oneness is perfect trust. It's acting the same way apart from one's spouse as with him or her. It's anticipating the other's needs, and feeling the other's hurts as one's own. Oneness is habitually setting aside all differences for the simple joy of living in peace.

from this article

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home