Thursday, June 15, 2006

Carpe Diem

I've been doing some thinking lately.
A dangerous undertaking, I know...

But I guess I'm at an age when a lot of my friends are going through a lot of changes;
switching companies, and even careers.
relationships starting, evolving to dating, celebrating anniversaries, brainstorming proposals and even planning weddings.
changes in seasons, making the new green, mustard yellow, sandal slippers, big head-bands and mickey-mouse shirts.

A lot has happened within the span of a few years. Changes are slow, but they gradually accumulate into big events and major transformations. This just makes me think of a lesson I learned in the Richmond cave... enjoy each moment.

I sit here in my cubicle...
I'm thankful for my monitor. It's so much better than the bending over a small laptop screen in my first company as they made us slave away. I'm grateful for the calculator calluses that went away.
I'm grateful for the pants I'm wearing. They were on sale at the Gap and were once water resistant. I'm thankful for the black v-neck sweater on my back. Again from Gap and again on sale. It's part of the uniform that I wear every Monday. I realize today is Thursday. Ah-hah! You've discovered how I make the appearance of having a lot of clothes.
I'm thankful for Target for the neon green water cup that's next to my monitor. It has functioned as a water containment unit with flawless end and I'm never too thirsty.
I'm thankful for my phone. It's got too many options and a camera that I used to snap my boss sleeping on a conference call. It's the best job security. My mom just called me and asked if I've been eating and said that she loved me!
I'm thankful it's 3:17pm and my boss has a meeting at 4pm, so I'll be out by 5!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for my un-breakable lil' tin heart.

8:07 AM  
Blogger chongo1201 said...

I'm grateful that I haven't seen the LBB dance this whole year.

I forgot to mention fried foods and an ice cold beer.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i'm thankful for paht bing soo...God's gift to mankind!

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home