Catchin' Up
One of my old high school read emails me:
hey guys. holla!! what's going on boys? figured i'd check in and say hello. hope things are going well with you guys.as for me, just working hard at ML. i don't think i quite understood whatwork was at ITT... ML puts me to work pretty hard and its a cutthroatbusiness. if you don't produce, you're out. but honestly, i'd rather have itthis way... i'll learned a lot, but you really feel like you've accomplishedsomething. i work about 10 hours/day (6am to 4pm)... its pretty long, but theday goes by pretty quick with all the work.
I respond:
Sounds like you've been working pretty hard over there. I've been pretty busy myself. I've immersed myself on a new project. There's a ping-pong table on the 23rd floor and I've dedicated myself to learning how to play w/ the caucasian grip instead of the OG asian grip. So far, it's been a rough road w/ endless accounts of chasing down balls that didn't quite hit the table and fanning the sweat off my brow. Wearing business casual is not very conducive to ping pong action. But I have to say that my efforts have not been rewarded. Just this last week, I was king of the hill, beating out the top two of my coworkers. I think all this hard work is paying off.
All I can do is smile.... :D
hey guys. holla!! what's going on boys? figured i'd check in and say hello. hope things are going well with you guys.as for me, just working hard at ML. i don't think i quite understood whatwork was at ITT... ML puts me to work pretty hard and its a cutthroatbusiness. if you don't produce, you're out. but honestly, i'd rather have itthis way... i'll learned a lot, but you really feel like you've accomplishedsomething. i work about 10 hours/day (6am to 4pm)... its pretty long, but theday goes by pretty quick with all the work.
I respond:
Sounds like you've been working pretty hard over there. I've been pretty busy myself. I've immersed myself on a new project. There's a ping-pong table on the 23rd floor and I've dedicated myself to learning how to play w/ the caucasian grip instead of the OG asian grip. So far, it's been a rough road w/ endless accounts of chasing down balls that didn't quite hit the table and fanning the sweat off my brow. Wearing business casual is not very conducive to ping pong action. But I have to say that my efforts have not been rewarded. Just this last week, I was king of the hill, beating out the top two of my coworkers. I think all this hard work is paying off.
All I can do is smile.... :D

3 Comments:
hi chongo! found you off beefcakes site (more appropriate than the seattle sedu name). nice busan stories...total stream of consciousness writing.
hahaha, that's so cute~!
you used e-mail in high school?
Post a Comment
<< Home