Happy Old Year
Not sure if this is what happens once you hit the mid twenties, but damn I feel old. Maybe it's experiencing the same holiday for the twentieth up-teen time, but I feel old. Old like the kimchi at a po-jahng-mah-cha.
I have to say that all in all, this holiday season has been very good. I spent Xmas in vegas winning some money and New Years here spending the winnings. It was good... nothing horrible happened and I had a good time. But why do I feel so old?
It's because I'm just tired of myself. Day after day... it's the same freckled face looking back at me. It's the same me after so many years of graduating college. I'm not sure if I've progressed much in some of the things I wanted to do. I'm nowhere near to having my wood workshop, writing a book, owning an island, finding a new fish (can you imagine a fish with big lips, small eyes and spots?!?!?!), or dog sledding. I kid... only slightly about the accomplishments, but I'm serious about the feeling old. Everyone around me says they're feeling old. The soft tire forming around my mid-section agrees. It's like Subway's Jared, but only backwards. You wanna gain a few pounds and grow lazy, move in with your parents.
So here's to new resolutions,
1) at least put up the appearance that I think God exists.
2) pick up a new physical hobby.
3) only watch tv when I want to, not when I'm bored.
Throughout the centuries, in every age, people have wanted to know or at least have a vague idea about he source, the beginning, and the final purpose of their existence. Religion satisfies this requirement, and makes clear those connections which unite all people as brothers, reveling to them that they have the same source of origin, the same task for their lives, and the same general final goal.
- GIUSEPPE MAZZINI
I have to say that all in all, this holiday season has been very good. I spent Xmas in vegas winning some money and New Years here spending the winnings. It was good... nothing horrible happened and I had a good time. But why do I feel so old?
It's because I'm just tired of myself. Day after day... it's the same freckled face looking back at me. It's the same me after so many years of graduating college. I'm not sure if I've progressed much in some of the things I wanted to do. I'm nowhere near to having my wood workshop, writing a book, owning an island, finding a new fish (can you imagine a fish with big lips, small eyes and spots?!?!?!), or dog sledding. I kid... only slightly about the accomplishments, but I'm serious about the feeling old. Everyone around me says they're feeling old. The soft tire forming around my mid-section agrees. It's like Subway's Jared, but only backwards. You wanna gain a few pounds and grow lazy, move in with your parents.
So here's to new resolutions,
1) at least put up the appearance that I think God exists.
2) pick up a new physical hobby.
3) only watch tv when I want to, not when I'm bored.
Throughout the centuries, in every age, people have wanted to know or at least have a vague idea about he source, the beginning, and the final purpose of their existence. Religion satisfies this requirement, and makes clear those connections which unite all people as brothers, reveling to them that they have the same source of origin, the same task for their lives, and the same general final goal.
- GIUSEPPE MAZZINI

2 Comments:
handle those resolutions playa
happy new year Chongo -- haha, you should pick up Ultimate fighting for res #2.
Post a Comment
<< Home