Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Universal Weekend

I've been working full-time for the past five years and at three different companies. I realize that companies have as varying personalities as people. One such company offerred tons of incentives and had one of the best benefit packages out there. Since I don't have a family, not close to retirement, and not pregnant, I didn't care much for them. What spoke to my heart were the Christmas parties and company picnics.

Actually, it was only one Christmas party since I wasn't there long enough to qualify for two. It was held at a car museum in Walnut Creek during business hours. The company hired a private bus to shuttle all the employees to the site. The food was awesome, the cars magnificient and the CEO even started tearing up as he talked about the past year. After the speeches, gifts were given out... just randomly. People's name were raffled and called out. Prizes included, $50 gift certificates, free flight in the US (including Hawaii and Alaska), $100 gift certificates, more trips and more gift certificates. I mean, they gave out a lot of prizes. I even got tired of clapping.

Then there was the company picnic. I thought they only did this on the Simpsons. There was even a dunk tank and all the Senior VPs and Executives took turns. That was a company to work for.

These days, I don't get the star treatment, but it sure is nice when somebody else does and she brings you along.

Chongo: Im-ho-tep!!! Immmm-Hooooo-Teeeeep!
Grace: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hahaha, that's a cute pic!

9:12 AM  
Blogger GKim said...

NIIIIIICE.

10:34 AM  
Blogger GKim said...

btw, i noticed that i could see your eyes in this picture.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home