Nostalgia
It's been an extended effort trying to wake up lately. I wonder if my waking up has anything to do with going to sleep. When the clock strikes 12 and it's time for me to snooze, I try to fight for every minute I can get in this air of freedom without deadlines or responsibilities thrusted upon me. Falling asleep wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to wake up so grudingly.
This takes me back to when I was a wee little lad, full of joy, naivete, hot wings and coca-cola. In a boy's life, his imagination runs wild with anticipation when it has to do with the outdoors.
Wake up at 7 for work, hells no.
Wake up at 5 for camp, no problem.
I had gone to Yosemite for a week long field trip. The great outdoors; hiking, tents, campfires, close encounters with the animals and even a possible bear sighting. There is no better dream. I had the time of my life.
This during my 6th grade so everything was provided for. All extra lollipops and chocolate bars paid for that trip, but my parents gave me a little extra emergency money. I used the money to buy them a souvenir for my parents and a tape full of natural sounds. I fell asleep to that cassette every night for the next few months. I had earphones permanently imprinted on my ears.
For some reason I thought of that when I had trouble sleeping last night. I'd give $100 for that same cassette.
This takes me back to when I was a wee little lad, full of joy, naivete, hot wings and coca-cola. In a boy's life, his imagination runs wild with anticipation when it has to do with the outdoors.
Wake up at 7 for work, hells no.
Wake up at 5 for camp, no problem.
I had gone to Yosemite for a week long field trip. The great outdoors; hiking, tents, campfires, close encounters with the animals and even a possible bear sighting. There is no better dream. I had the time of my life.
This during my 6th grade so everything was provided for. All extra lollipops and chocolate bars paid for that trip, but my parents gave me a little extra emergency money. I used the money to buy them a souvenir for my parents and a tape full of natural sounds. I fell asleep to that cassette every night for the next few months. I had earphones permanently imprinted on my ears.
For some reason I thought of that when I had trouble sleeping last night. I'd give $100 for that same cassette.

1 Comments:
finallllly, you've updated!
Post a Comment
<< Home