busan stories (beauty and the geek)
It debuted last night on the wb. I'm so glad they got rid of that annoying frog and just put pretty people smiling, wind blowing in their hair and the camera zooming by.
It's called Beauty and the Geek. I'm sure many of you saw the commercial, but you should definitely catch the show. Some of the highlights:
- One geek was called white urkel.
- One geek was a virgin, not by choice. "No, I'm not saving myself for someone."
- One geek kept on getting nose bleeds. "It's all the smoke in my room. It might have made me mildly hypertentive."
- One beauty did not know how much a silver dollar was worth.
- One beauty said "I have like an IQ of 500. hahhahaa!"
- One beauty couldn't spell tatto. "T-A-T-O-O.... Tatoo is a hard word"
- One beauty totally threw herself at this geek!!! On the first show!!!
I this it's quite ironic really. Because even though I can't believe some of these guys and girls, it makes me feel like a dork watching them on tv. But what the hell, it's pretty funny. It reminds me of growing up. I always felt like the geek growing up. Never had the right clothes, never said the right things, never felt like I fit in. Maybe that's why I enjoy it so much. I can totally understand what they're going through.
Three memories come to mind.
I had the longest crush on the "cool" girl of my 7th grade class. She called me one day for some homework help. I think it was math. This was quite a unexpected disturbance from my daily routine of watching tv and talking to myself. My sisters pretty much ignored me. I remember being really nervous and my hands started to get all clammy. She asked some questions and I tried to answer them as best as I could while stuttering like a total idiot. Before hanging up, she asked me something, but I didn't know what she said so I asked her "excuse me?" but in a british accent. Freakin moron!!! She commented on how polite I was... 10 points on politeness, 0 on coolness.
I remember the first time my clothes matched. It was 8th grade, second semester, first day. The reason why I remember was because my parents took me shopping because my sisters complained about my clothes. I just didn't get why I had to wear baggy jeans and matching shirts. I even remember what I wore. Black jeans, and a brown, blue and green vertically striped shirt. I think I saw the shirt on Saved by the Bell once. The reason why this sticks out so much was because I was really nervous. I felt like such a poser. But all was made good, a few friends came up to me and commented on how nice I matched. Gee, they noticed how much I didn't match before :T
It was 8th grade and we were playing basketball. That's what boys who don't know how to socialize do. We pretend to play basketball and never get any better at it. A white guy named Henry Bowling would be one of the most annoying guys on the court. Thought he knew everything in the most dorky, yet not so arrogant way. He had daisy dukes on during PE and regular shorts that were only an inch longer. One of my buddies, "Ju" played a little prank and pants him in front of some girls... he had holes in his underwear. Unsurprisingly, he transfered out within a few weeks.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home