Wednesday, June 01, 2005

busan stories (spamalot)

It's been confirmed... the turmoil of change that I had detected a little bit ago was a bit of an understatement. There are a lot of changes going on. But most of the changes are located around me among my friends. One buddy quit his job and is going to Europe, the other wanted to go to vegas and the coffee bean group has officially died... Yeah, you know who you are. Might as well be one-coffee-for-two-while-staring-all-glassy-eyed-into-the-eyes-of-your-future-bean time. hahaaha! So happy for y'all! The aura of change has yet to descend on me, but I'm enjoying my time alone in me humble abode. I'm starting to think I could retire in my cozy shack. :P

I've been preparing dinners for myself. It's great that I can save leftovers. It's surprisingly odd to have to throw leftovers away. Saturday I had an odd craving for spam and egg with bab. Not sure what got into me. Maybe I think it's because I see it as a comfort food. I have very fond memories of that rectangular hunk of processed meat. My mom used to put it in almost everything. Sometimes, I even had the guilty pleasure of cutting the spam block into thin rectangles or identical cubes. The guilty pleasure laid in stabilizing the gellotonous mess without destroying its shape. I had no idea, but they now have "spam-lite", "spam-turkey" and "hickory spam". I was not yet bold to approach the turkey or hickory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home