Tuesday, February 21, 2006

busan stories (el presidente)

Happy President's Day to all!

Even though not much of this federal holiday is spent thinking back on the forefathers of this democratic nation, it sure is great to have Monday off. Sorry for all of you who may have had to work on this splendid leisure day, I wish you short hours and panini to your heart's content.

I was down in LA... again... muhahaHAHAHA!!!
Did a bunch of stuff, some new and some not to new.

What's recently new, but will soon become tradition is pie and coffee at this 24 hour diner. The strawberry pie there is really really ridiculously good-looking. Add in two scoops of vanilla ice cream and coffees and you're set for the night.

Went to the
Ashes and Snow exhibit in Santa Monica.














I found it pretty interesting, but I didn't know what to make of it. It was suppose to capture the untainted episodes between man and nature. I found it very ironic that they decided to showcase the exhibit in an industrial museum built with shipping containers and the inside had a pseudo-natural feel with wood and rocks... but wood well constructed and rocks too smooth. Perhaps, another depiction of man imposing on nature while trying to recreate the very design he is disturbing. Or I could be talking out of my arse...

Either way, being in the dark, surrounded with images of trees and monkeys isn't a bad way to spend the afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home