Thursday, June 22, 2006

Goods for Everyone

It was my normal morning routine. Got up after a 5 minutes snooze, brushed my teeth, washed my face, wet my hair, applied a generous layer of deodorant (you can stop with all the hairless jokes now) and got dressed. And as usual Albie's alarm was echoing through the hallways. It's like my morning theme music on the days he's actually in town, kinda like that Starbucks commercial. I decided to eat a PBJ sandwich for breakfast instead of my usual shake. Something I would have never voluntarily thought of doing after 6 weeks of PBJ galore in NewMex.

So... it was a typical morning. All except the breakfast (more on that later) and it was impeccably sunny this morning. I had to pose the ah-jush form by holding my arm up to my eyes and using my forearm as a visor and squinting the already height-challenged lids of my eye. Being so damn thin, you'd wonder why I would even feel the need to squint. But alas, I finally got to into the office elevator. A man rushes in. He recognized the lady on the left.

"Good morning... How are you do..."

"Good... Good... and y...."

"Good... good..."

"That's good."

"Good. That's good."

I'm sorry, did I just miss something here? Did I walk into the Good Warehouse? We got fast "good"s, long "gooooood", questioning "good?", angry "GOOD!" all kinds of good for every purpose. All on sale!!!

But that just made me wonder. They really don't have much to say to each other. Is it because they're not that close, or because they just really have nothing to say to each other. I mean, if you asked me right now, "How's my day going?" I really wouldn't have much to say. Sure stuff happens, but do I really want to tell you how I toasted two slices of bread this morning and noticed white portions that I thought was mold, but was too lazy to toast two new slices and ended up just cutting the pieces out and how now I'm wondering if the tropical storm in my stomach is going to become a category 4 hurricane by lunch time? And most importantly, would you want to hear it? No... HELL NO! and if you ever did that with me, I'd zone out and think about the picturesque rice fields of Busan or the sausage party in the lushious green roads of Costa Rica.

In fact, I have so little to say that I'm telling about a 10 second awkward conversation between two strangers that I noticed in an elevator on my way to work where I've been doing nothing but waiting for FIFA to update their video highlights so I can see why the US failed to move to round 2 of the World Cup! thatisall!

2 Comments:

Blogger Tommy said...

i saw the knife with the peanut butter in the sink... i thought that was unusual.

and yes, you must be pretty bored if this is what you're blogging about right now...

3:30 PM  
Blogger chongo1201 said...

update your blog thomas! chongo needs you!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home