Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Hitting 80

Hitting the big 8-0 in years is a pretty big deal in Korean culture.
I know... who knew? I sure didn't.
My dad even asked me to bring my suit down. I'll just have to sacrifice for family.

Even though spending a saturday night in a stuffy suit, with people who are more than twice and even three times my age, I love the way country-folk celebrate... unabashed, singing, dancing and drinking. Oh glorious dignity, you are lost in the midst of our jolly.




6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ARE YOU WEARING A PINK TIE???? Thanks for the ammunition. :) But dude, where's the stroller?

11:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fun fun! makes me miss my grandparents~
are those your sisters in the last pic?

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pics~ that fourth one especially is priceless.

2:44 PM  
Blogger chongo1201 said...

yes! those are my beautiful sisters! the eldest is on the right (yellow sweater, blessed with the brainy genes) and the middle on is on the left (blessed with the generous, cool genes). i got the freckle, flat-headed, get rashy red when drinking genes. heck yes!

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moobs count for something!! Give yourself some credit.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still waiting for your "soldiers" blog entry.

-kim jomo il

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home