Itchy Pants
One of the perks (from the word perquisites) of my parent's owning an alteration store is that some people forget to pick up their clothes. For some unknown, Godless reason, they drop off their clothes, pay for alterations/dry cleaning and totally forget to pick them up.
Growing up, these occasions would lead to my parents bringing home some funky garments for my consanguineous housemates; leather pants with studs down the leg, jean jackets with a flaming dragon, big coat with furry neckline, hypercolor vest from the 70s, and all matter that is unholy and unfashionable. My mom would ask.. tell my sisters to try it on and would get a grand dramatic stomping exit in response. As for me... I sucked away on my drumsticks and hot wings while they tossed the vile things at each other. Damn, I loved those Fridays. I was far too busy chatting with the Colonel and the Winslows to notice their exchange. I'd rolled around in hilarity accompanied by my utter contentment of the world.
But my grown-up Fridays have been far less greasy and the laundry gods have punchlined their jokes on me. Little do they know that I'm far less picky/fashionable and far more conscientious about my spending. For some reason, my parents have been getting far more guy's clothes left over than woman. Either that, or they've finally given up on trying to convince my sisters that polyester is making a big comeback. I'm not one to complain... many of the articles are fair better than the Ross clearance items and they're free... except for today. I'm wearing a pair of wool pants, especially fitting due to the chilly weather lately. There's only one problem...
They're freaggin itchy. Is this normal???!!! Can anybody tell me if wool pants are suppose to itch like this? They're pretty thick so I just thought my legs just need to get used to the normal threading and pattern of the fabric, but it feels like I'm wearing cactus-pants. The kind of cactus that has really fine, barely visible needles and not the thick thorny kind. Seriously... is this normal? Such is the road less traveled.
I've also realized that my mind wanders a lot when I'm suppose to be studying... and I've been having to study a lot more lately... I had a dream that I stole a 2008 concept car that drove like a Ferrari, but looked like a boxy CRX paint in blue and white, but I drove it around the parking lot and got it valeted so I can go to the same performance as the guy I just stole the car from. Wonder what the hell that means. I'd like to dream of a tropical beach, white sand baked by the sun, glassy clear water, a beach full of fish, and a tree that oozed wasabi.
It would be nice if wisdom had such a quality that it could flow from one man who is full of wisdom to another man who has no wisdom, just as with two connected vessels water flows from one vessel to the other until the water level is the same in both of them. The problem is that to obtain wisdom, you must make an independent, serious effort of your own.
Growing up, these occasions would lead to my parents bringing home some funky garments for my consanguineous housemates; leather pants with studs down the leg, jean jackets with a flaming dragon, big coat with furry neckline, hypercolor vest from the 70s, and all matter that is unholy and unfashionable. My mom would ask.. tell my sisters to try it on and would get a grand dramatic stomping exit in response. As for me... I sucked away on my drumsticks and hot wings while they tossed the vile things at each other. Damn, I loved those Fridays. I was far too busy chatting with the Colonel and the Winslows to notice their exchange. I'd rolled around in hilarity accompanied by my utter contentment of the world.
But my grown-up Fridays have been far less greasy and the laundry gods have punchlined their jokes on me. Little do they know that I'm far less picky/fashionable and far more conscientious about my spending. For some reason, my parents have been getting far more guy's clothes left over than woman. Either that, or they've finally given up on trying to convince my sisters that polyester is making a big comeback. I'm not one to complain... many of the articles are fair better than the Ross clearance items and they're free... except for today. I'm wearing a pair of wool pants, especially fitting due to the chilly weather lately. There's only one problem...
They're freaggin itchy. Is this normal???!!! Can anybody tell me if wool pants are suppose to itch like this? They're pretty thick so I just thought my legs just need to get used to the normal threading and pattern of the fabric, but it feels like I'm wearing cactus-pants. The kind of cactus that has really fine, barely visible needles and not the thick thorny kind. Seriously... is this normal? Such is the road less traveled.
I've also realized that my mind wanders a lot when I'm suppose to be studying... and I've been having to study a lot more lately... I had a dream that I stole a 2008 concept car that drove like a Ferrari, but looked like a boxy CRX paint in blue and white, but I drove it around the parking lot and got it valeted so I can go to the same performance as the guy I just stole the car from. Wonder what the hell that means. I'd like to dream of a tropical beach, white sand baked by the sun, glassy clear water, a beach full of fish, and a tree that oozed wasabi.
It would be nice if wisdom had such a quality that it could flow from one man who is full of wisdom to another man who has no wisdom, just as with two connected vessels water flows from one vessel to the other until the water level is the same in both of them. The problem is that to obtain wisdom, you must make an independent, serious effort of your own.

3 Comments:
yeah, wool pants itch...maybe you can wear naebok under it and that'll solve your problem AND protect you from the cold~!
i think i might have an explanation for your dream, but i have to interview you first. i'll interview u next time i see you. =)
i take it your pants do not have a lining. if your parents own an alteration store then you should ask them to put a lining in the pants.
hi chongo. it's gower. your post is hilarious! btw, the thought of itchy pants owned by a complete stranger is a little creepy.
Post a Comment
<< Home