Monday, May 21, 2007

A Lot Has Happened

So... It's been awhile since I last udpated this blog. A lot has happened since the last post.

Studying season was well under way. I had only two weeks left until my next exam and countless facts to read and memorize. If any needs to know the 7 advantages of managed care, you know who to call. Not me, because my mind had major foreign country drinking water brain diaherrea right after the exam. In fact, I even had a little BTS before the exam and showed up for the exam at the wrong exam site. At first, I though it was another horrible prank played out by Albie "I'm a bastard" Kim. Luckily the exam site was only a $10 taxi ride away. Goooo Brain!!! I should have taken some V8 and gingko biloba pills. Of course, with how the exam went, I should have just had a few morning Irish car bombs and written the top ten reason why Braveheart is the best movie EVER!

But I digress. Studying sucks major ass. For anybody who gets nostalgic about finals and going on midnight food runs while studying in the library... you're a major dumbass. Did you even look at yourself during finals? If you were a typical guy, you tried getting a few hours of studying before people started sleeping and chatting near your seat. If you were a typical girl, you wore the same jeans and Cal sweater cause God forbid that you look like a female while studying. I mean... damn, that's how serious you took your studies. Even until now, the sight of a blue Cal sweater, jeans and flip-flops makes me smell stale pad-thai and rank boba breathe. Of course, if your name started with Dong and ended with Pil, then you walked around for an hour, said hi to everybody, unloaded all your book, took a nap, read a page and then went back home.

Trust me... studying if fun for the first two minutes. Right after you sit down and right before you feel the sudden urge to use the bathroom or to tell the dumb bimbo sitting next to you to shut the front door and that your boyfriend left you for a girl who could abide by normal decency guidelines by not using the cellphone in the library especially when she has bad reception. The only commitment you have left is with your cell phone carrier so shut the mouths so other people can study.

Notice a lot of aggression? Yeah... it's cause I had to spend most of my nights here:
It's the CSUN library were no cell phone goes unused and no diversion is ignored and no book is read. People must have thought I was the library troll cause I'd see some people come in between classes to use the internet and then see me again to "study" for midterms, cussing and asking my stack of books why they were holding my life for ransom.
One of the saddest moments, was walking back to the parking lot to go back home. What library closes at 11pm during midterm season? Higher learning my ass! I still have 235 useless lists to memorize. Not only was the parking lot empty because everyone in CSUN must be a genius, but I had to drive home in a "new" Ford Taurus. I emphasize new because that hunk of metal almost killed me. At the brief moment that my brakes locked on me on the freeway, I thought of my loved ones and had a smile as I told the SOA that they may take my life, but they will never take my freedom. If you ever get a Ford Taurus, I'll call you a dumbass in front of your parents, grandparents, children and spouse, spit in your right eye and confess that you would have been better off with a pink Prius.

This picture is the only reminder that kept me sane. It's a post-modern painting by Pisarro of a man in a field of sheep. It caught my eye for some reason and reminded me of better times. The texture in the original convey a frenzied look over the serene moment. I don't know much about art, but it reminded me to appreciate the tranquility of my life even when it seems pretty turbulent. Thanks for the life-preserver!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home