You've Really Thinned Out
I met an old friend from college on the street yesterday.
It was early morning, so when I first saw his face, I wasn't sure if it was him. We saw each other, but I don't think he realized it was me. He literally did a double-take, but I knew it was him. Thank goodness, his name miraculously popped into my head. I don't have to resort to the lame "dude", "playa" or ever so popular "man" to speak in reference to him. He doesn't seem that different, maybe a little older, ideas a bit bigger, but all-in-all pretty much the same.
But I guess I've changed tremendously. Not only was it apparent from his double take, but as we got closer, the guy scanned me up and down. What is this a body probe? And the first words out of his mouth "John, you've really thinned out." I could only let out a laugh and a "how you doing?"
And people wonder why I have a fat complex. It's because of reactions like this. I've met people from high school and the first thing out of their mouth is "dude! what happened to you?" or the more subtle "where'd you go?". I've even been to a little reunion and I'm pretty sure half the people didn't recognize me or they thought I had some gastric bypass or indulged in trimspa.
But I don't blame nobody... I happier for being more health conscious and being more active. But there are days when I pig out on a half gallon of ice cream (keep the windows open please) and milk and cookies. What I love most is how much of a bastard my friends can be when they come over and see my old photos... thanks Albie... thanks... you're a true friend. Here's a picture he recently emailed out. My pride is gone...

btw, not having taken a poop since saturday isn't helping my self-image much.
It was early morning, so when I first saw his face, I wasn't sure if it was him. We saw each other, but I don't think he realized it was me. He literally did a double-take, but I knew it was him. Thank goodness, his name miraculously popped into my head. I don't have to resort to the lame "dude", "playa" or ever so popular "man" to speak in reference to him. He doesn't seem that different, maybe a little older, ideas a bit bigger, but all-in-all pretty much the same.
But I guess I've changed tremendously. Not only was it apparent from his double take, but as we got closer, the guy scanned me up and down. What is this a body probe? And the first words out of his mouth "John, you've really thinned out." I could only let out a laugh and a "how you doing?"
And people wonder why I have a fat complex. It's because of reactions like this. I've met people from high school and the first thing out of their mouth is "dude! what happened to you?" or the more subtle "where'd you go?". I've even been to a little reunion and I'm pretty sure half the people didn't recognize me or they thought I had some gastric bypass or indulged in trimspa.
But I don't blame nobody... I happier for being more health conscious and being more active. But there are days when I pig out on a half gallon of ice cream (keep the windows open please) and milk and cookies. What I love most is how much of a bastard my friends can be when they come over and see my old photos... thanks Albie... thanks... you're a true friend. Here's a picture he recently emailed out. My pride is gone...

btw, not having taken a poop since saturday isn't helping my self-image much.

8 Comments:
hahaha, that's cute!!
if you ever feel bad about your childhood pictures (not that you should), just think of Sam's pictures you saw in the slideshow. it'll make you feel better instantaneously.haha
OMG!!! somebody needs to put that up on their website! I had one picture, but I had no idea the wealth of glass-bottle glasses, bowl haircuts and goofy smiles that were available.
Don't you mean coke-bottle-glasses? or birth-control-glasses?
You look like a little cubby bear!
-jomius
no need to have a complex about the past mister, cuz while you're getting healthier everyone is getting heftier..hehehe.
o yea, and it already started...i called my mom today and she said to the dog, "dewey-ya...noona's on the phone" =)
and also...my mom was telling me he went #2 and she had to wipe his booty 6 times using baby wipes...i thought of 'someone' when she said that. =) =)
When someone asks "dude, what happened to you?", are you sure they're commenting on your chubbiness and not your hair? But then... we've all had bad hair DECADES. Bastard Ed got a picture of mine.
damn it... i lost the cell phone that had that pic of llb. that would've been great to post online...
yeah, you have nothing to be ashamed of. ghetto's old pictures are MUCH worse...
Post a Comment
<< Home